Atl. Madrid vs Barcelona Prediction 1 December 2019
- Significantly, Atlético Madrid are currently unbeaten in 14 La Liga (LL) matches at the Wanda Metropolitano (W10, D4). Seventy percent of those wins yielded a clean sheet, but even an opposition goal does little to deter, with four of Atlético’s last five LL home wins to see both teams score witnessing the visiting side net first.
- Home and away, Atlético are unbeaten in ten league matches (W3, D7), with nine of those matches producing under 2.5 goals. All of their wins in that sequence yielded a two-goal margin of victory, with the ‘Rojiblancos’ winning five of a possible six halves therein.
- Barcelona travel to the capital after a run of seven wins in eight league outings, with their only blemish being a loss by a two-goal margin (vs Levante). Impressively though, they won both halves in five of those seven victories.
- Despite this surge in form, the champions have won as many as they have lost on the road this LL campaign (W3, D1, L3). However they are clearly able to bounce back from a below-par first half, having scored in the 15 minutes immediately after half-time in each of their last four LL away wins.
- Players to watch: Álvaro Morata has scored after the break for Atlético in each of their last two LL home wins, with each being his side’s second of the day.
- The sensational Luis Suárez has scored in each of Barcelona’s last five LL away wins, with four of those goals coming after the break.
- Stat attack: Six of Atlético’s last eight LL home clashes with Barcelona have seen a goalless first half.
- Barcelona have scored exactly twice (and ‘won’ 2-0) in the second halves of their last four LL wins.
- The visitors last scored an open-play goal in the course of a LL away defeat back in September 2018.
Atl. Madrid vs Barcelona Betting Tip
- Atl. Madrid to Win (Odds 2.88)