Atl. Madrid vs Bayer Leverkusen Prediction 22 October
Match preview from the site: LiveScore
- Atlético Madrid are unbeaten in their last 11 UEFA-competition games at home (W9, D2), and without defeat in their last six UEFA Champions League (UCL) matches when considered a pre-match favourite (W4, D2). Furthermore, they have lost just one La Liga game as a home favourite since the beginning of 2018/19 (W17, D5, L1).
- The hosts also possess the psychological advantage of having knocked Bayer Leverkusen out of the UCL in 2016/17, even though Leverkusen secured a 0-0 draw in Madrid. Overall though, Atlético remain unbeaten at home to Bayer Leverkusen this decade (W1, D2).
- Leverkusen have taken points from half of their last six UEFA games as an outsider (W2, D1, L3). However, a record of: D2, L2, from their last four UCL fixtures offers little inspiration when travelling to tougher opposition.
- The ‘Werkself’ have also been short of upsets in the Bundesliga of late, having lost six of eight league fixtures (W2, L6) since the beginning of 2018/19 when classified as an away outsider, in addition to a humiliating defeat at Frankfurt in the lead-up to this clash.
- Players to watch: Midfielder Saúl Ñíguez (ATL) opened the scoring both in the last H2H fixture as well as for Spain in the most recent international break. Meanwhile, Karim Bellarabi (LEV) also scored in his last appearance against Atlético.
- Stat attack: Atlético have not lost a La Liga, UEFA or cup fixture since the beginning of 2018/19 when recording the opening goal of the game (W31, D9).
- The ‘Rojiblancos’ have won six of the last nine UEFA fixtures (D1, L2) in which Stefan Savić did not make an appearance.
- Four of Leverkusen’s last five UEFA-competition away games have produced over 2.5 total goals (three producing over 4.5).
- Only one of the six H2H meetings has produced over 2.5 total goals.
Atl. Madrid vs Bayer Leverkusen Betting Tip
- Under 2.5 (Odds 1.84)