Barnsley vs Swansea Prediction 19 October
Match preview from the site: LiveScore
- With just one Championship win this season (W1, D3, L7), and conceding at least twice in eight of their last ten league games (2.2 conceded per match average), Barnsley look up against it here. Moreover, they’ve failed to keep a clean sheet at home since their shock 1-0 victory over Fulham on matchday one.
- Barnsley have both the Championship’s weakest attack (0.73 scored per match average) and the joint-worst defence (2.0 conceded per match). However, seven of the eight league goals they’ve scored came here at Oakwell, and they have netted the opening goal in four of their six home league matches this term.
- Should Barnsley score first here as they often do, Swansea are more than capable of hitting back after netting an equaliser on three of five occasions in which they went behind this term, whilst only conceding an equaliser on four of ten occasions in which they went ahead.
- Steve Cooper experienced just his third defeat as Swansea manager last time out versus rock-bottom Stoke – all three of his defeats have now come by a single-goal margin (W8, D3, L3 – all games). However, Swansea boast the league’s best away defensive record (two goals conceded) and are one of just three unbeaten sides on the road.
- Players to watch: Cauley Woodrow has scored in Barnsley’s last two home games – he’s contributed 37.5% of their total league goals.
- Andre Ayew will look to score in three consecutive games for the first time since 2016 – he bagged the winner in Swansea’s last away game vs promoted opposition.
- Stat attack: Barnsley are the joint-worst disciplined Championship side (26 yellows – 2.36 per match average).
- Of the league goals Barnsley have conceded at home, 41.67% arrived in the 15 minutes before half-time.
- Three of Swansea’s five away league games this season saw a goalless first half.
Barnsley vs Swansea Betting Tip
- Swansea to Win (Odds 1.95)