Brighton vs Tottenham Prediction 5 October 2019
Match preview from the site: LiveScore
- Yet to taste victory against Tottenham in league or cup football this century (D1, L5), Brighton and Hove Albion continue pursuing their maiden Premier League (PL) home win of 2019/20 (D2, L1). With each of those three results coming against clubs who finished in the bottom 11 of 2018/19, the ‘Seagulls’ look primed for a heavy defeat.
- Overall, Brighton have found just two goals at home, with both coming after half-time. Despite the Seagulls’ poor recent form at home, they did secure points from six of ten PL home fixtures as a home outsider last season (W4, D2, L4).
- Spurs remain poor travellers, having now failed to win any of their last nine PL fixtures on the road (D2, L7). They have failed to keep a clean sheet throughout that sequence, whilst just two of their last 22 PL away games have ended level.
- The visitors’ issues come from an inability to hold a lead (as evidenced again in their stunning 2-7 loss to Bayern on Tuesday), and just two victories from four opening goals have contributed to Mauricio Pochettino’s equal-worst start to a PL season as Spurs manager. On that note, both teams have scored in all three of Tottenham’s away PL fixtures so far.
- Players to watch: After 25 goals last season, Brighton’s Neal Maupay has settled into top-flight life with two goals in seven appearances.
- Tottenham talisman Harry Kane has scored in three of his last four PL/cup starts against Brighton, with two of those goals being scored on the road.
- Stat attack: Brighton have a PL record of D1, L3 when conceding the opening goal this term.
- Tottenham have won just four of their last 15 PL matches (W4, D4, L7) without the suspended Serge Aurier starting.
- Four of the five PL/cup H2H meetings this decade have produced under 2.5 total goals, with under 1.5 first-half goals in all five.
Brighton vs Tottenham Betting Tip
- Tottenham to Win (Odds 2.01)