Croatia vs Hungary Prediction 10 October 2019
Match preview from the site: LiveScore
- Group E leaders Croatia (W3, D1, L1) are unbeaten in three straight European Championship qualifiers (ECQ). Yet a shock 1-1 draw at Azerbaijan last time out means the Croats have kept just one clean sheet in their last seven competitive matches (W4, D1, L2).
- Having scored first in six of such matches, the ‘Blazers’ have scored over 1.5 goals on four occasions whilst conceding a total of five equalising goals in this period. Whilst six of their last seven competitive matches have been decided by one goal (or been a draw), their last five competitive games have also seen goals in both halves.
- Hungary meanwhile lost 2-1 to neighbours Slovakia last time out for their second loss of the qualifiers (W3), and their third competitive loss by a one-goal margin since September 2018. However, scoring over 1.5 goals in six of their last 11 competitive matches, Hungary have scored first in just five of such matches (W6, D1, L4).
- With four of their five ECQ matches seeing goals in both halves, Hungary’s last 11 competitive matches have seen both teams score on just five occasions. Considering Hungary have failed to score in just three of their last 11 competitive matches, and that they won the last competitive H2H by a 2-1 scoreline, this match really could go either way.
- Players to watch: Luka Modrić has scored in 15 games for Croatia and never been on the losing side (W13, D2). Ten of the 13 wins were ‘to nil’.
- Two of Willi Orban’s three goals for Hungary have come via his head, and eight of his 13 all-time goals for RB Leipzig have also been headers.
- Stat attack: These teams’ last respective ECQ matches each produced six or more cautions.
- Four of Croatia’s five ECQ matches have produced over 8.5 corners (total).
- Hungary have led at the break in four of their last 11 competitive matches.
Croatia vs Hungary Betting Tip
- Under 3 (Odds 1.59)