Eintracht Frankfurt vs Bayer Leverkusen Prediction 18 October
Match preview from the site: LiveScore
- Eintracht Frankfurt welcome Bayer Leverkusen with a mixed record across their last 11 Bundesliga home H2Hs (W6, L5). All of Frankfurt’s victories during that period arrived by a slim one goal-margin, with five ending via a 2-1 scoreline – including the last H2H held here. It’s worth noting, however, that the hosts haven’t won consecutive home H2Hs since 1995.
- The hosts do enter this match on a three-game unbeaten Bundesliga run (W1, D2), but did concede a first-half opener in both draws. At home though, Frankfurt remain unbeaten this league campaign (W2, D2), but have struggled early on. They conceded a first-half opener in the three home games where both teams scored, with two seeing Frankfurt trail 1-0 at the break.
- Leverkusen travel here unbeaten in three Bundesliga matches (W2, D1), after opening the scoring in all three. Both wins came ‘to nil’, and saw Leverkusen win one half by a 2-0 scoreline.
- Away from home, the visitors have won two of their three league games so far (L1), but just one of those matches witnessed both teams score. Interestingly, of the six halves of top-flight away football they have played this season, Leverkusen won three ‘to nil’ whilst losing the other three ‘to nil’.
- Players to watch: All three of Gonçalo Paciência’s (FRA) Bundesliga goals this term were as the game’s final goalscorer and arrived after the 70th minute.
- Kevin Volland has scored in Leverkusen’s last three league games, and has netted more career goals (eight) against Frankfurt than any other Bundesliga team.
- Stat attack: Frankfurt have received two yellow cards in three of their four home league games (2.25 cards on average).
- Leverkusen’s two away league wins featured an own goal in their favour, both were first-half openers.
- Leverkusen and Frankfurt have never seen a goalless draw in 68 previous Bundesliga H2Hs.
Eintracht Frankfurt vs Bayer Leverkusen Betting Tip
- Both Teams to Score – Yes (Odds 1.45)