Germany vs Argentina Prediction 9 October 2019
Match preview from the site: LiveScore
- Before travelling to Estonia for a Euro 2020 qualifier, Germany take on Argentina in a friendly hoping to improve their recent record in such games. The Germans have won just three of their last ten friendly internationals, and only seven in the previous 20. However, in more recent times, they’ve won four of their last five.
- Scoring goals is no problem for Germany, as they’ve shown by netting at least twice in seven of their last eight games. However, they lost 4-2 in their last home match (versus the Netherlands), but haven’t lost back-to-back home games since 2012. Like that recent defeat, eight of Germany’s previous ten fixtures produced over 2.5 goals.
- Argentina have a positive recent international friendly record, losing only six of their last 37, whilst winning 26. A clean sheet could be key to their success here, with 11 of their previous 15 wins coming ‘to nil’ (competitive games and friendlies), whilst their last four victories also saw them score inside the opening 17 minutes.
- However, seven of Argentina’s last 11 defeats have also come ‘to nil’. In fact the visitors have conceded in both halves in seven of their previous ten setbacks, shipping 3+ goals on six of those occasions.
- Players to watch: Germany have won five of the six internationals in which Serge Gnabry has scored. He netted nine goals across those encounters.
- Argentina have scored 15 goals combined in their last five wins, with striker Lautaro Martínez responsible for seven of them, including a hat-trick in a recent 4-0 victory over Mexico.
- Stat attack: Germany have won just one of the last nine H2Hs (90 minutes only). Argentina have won three of the last five.
- Both teams have scored in seven of Germany’s last ten friendly matches.
- However, 13 of Argentina’s last 17 games saw only one side get on the scoresheet.
Germany vs Argentina Betting Tip
- Germany to Win (Odds 1.80)