Göztepe AŞ – Caykur Rizespor Free Prediction 17 March
- Despite entering this Super Lig (SL) clash on a run of three consecutive losses in the league, Göztepe have been solid on home soil, losing just three of their 11 SL home fixtures this term (W4, D4, L3). Significantly, three of those four home league victories have come via a one-goal margin, with the last two producing a 2-1 scoreline.
- Hoping to rebalance their top-flight H2H record against Rizespor (W2, D2, L3), Göztepe know how important scoring first in this game could be. Indeed, they are unbeaten in each of the 12 SL games in which they’ve struck the opening goal this campaign (W8, D4).
- Çaykur Rizespor enter this game having lost eight of their last ten away league games (W1, D1). Here, they will do particularly well to keep it tight late on, as 53.85% of the league goals that they have conceded on the road this campaign have arrived after the hour mark.
- In fact, if they win here it will likely be accompanied by a clean sheet, as Rizespor have kept one in each of their last six top-flight away victories. However, the fact that they have failed to score in a league high 41.67% of their road trips this campaign is concerning.
- Players to watch: Halil Akbunar has scored five SL goals to date, with Göztepe winning each of the five games in which he has scored.
- Meanwhile, Braian Samudio (‘Samu’) has netted Rizespor’s first goal in each of the four league games to see him score.
- Stat attack: Göztepe have scored 64.29% of their home league goals this campaign before the break.
- Only one of Rizespor’s SL away games to date has seen both sides scoring before the break.
- At all venues, five of the last six SL H2Hs have seen at least one side fail to score.
Göztepe AŞ – Caykur Rizespor Betting Tip
- Göztepe AŞ to Win (Odds 1.85)