Groningen vs Waalwijk Prediction 4 October 2019
Match preview from the site: LiveScore
- Friday night’s Eredivisie action sees two of the worst Eredivisie form sides go head-to-head as Groningen (W1, L4) welcome rock-bottom Waalwijk (P5, L5). Groningen’s last two results may be taken lightly after consecutive away games vs PSV and Ajax, and the hosts scored in both halves in a 2-0 victory last time out at home.
- Though favourites, Groningen will need to avoid losing their cool. They are, in fact, amongst the worst-disciplined Eredivisie sides, having accrued 13 bookings and three red cards from eight league games (2.0 cards per-match on average).
- Waalwijk have conceded at least twice in every league game this term (3.25 conceded per match average). It could be a long season for them, as when including goal difference (-18), Waalwijk are enduring the second-worst eight-game start since the Eredivisie’s inception in 1954/55 (D1, L7).
- Prone to a late collapse, 19 of Waalwijk’s 26 conceded Eredivisie goals have come after half-time (73.08%). Furthermore, 11 of those goals came in the final 15 minutes of play, equating to 1.38 goals conceded per-match in that interval.
- Players to watch: Groningen’s Ajdin Hrustic scored in consecutive games prior to the last two fixtures. The Australian has scored, or received a booking, in three of his last four appearances.
- Clint Leemans scored one of Waalwijk’s mere three equalising league goals last time out, before ultimately losing the game.
- Stat attack: Just two of the nine overall goals in Groningen’s home league games this term have come before half-time.
- The away side on the day has had a man sent-off in each of the last four H2Hs.
- Waalwijk lead the overall Eredivisie H2H series (W16, D14, L12) with those games averaging 2.71 total goals per-match on average.
- Six of Waalwijk’s seven league defeats this term have come by at least a two-goal margin.
Groningen vs Waalwijk Betting Tip
- Groningen -1.5 (Odds 2.05)