Iceland vs France Prediction 11 October 2019
Match preview from the site: LiveScore
- After their 4-2 defeat at the hands of Albania last time out, Iceland (FIFA rank: #41) now welcome France (#2) in the wake of a nine-game unbeaten home run (W7, D2) in Euro Championship qualifying (ECQ). With that good form behind them, there’s reason to believe they could claim their first competitive win against France here (D3, L9 – GF8, GA 36).
- The hosts also like to start well in front of their own fans, having scored the opening goal in six of their last nine ECQ home outings, and were last behind at half-time in an ECQ home fixture back in October 2010.
- The French come into this game after winning their last three ECQ games by at least a three-goal margin. In fact, the visitors have lost just two of their last 21 competitive matches (W16, D3, L2), whilst 13 of those have seen at least one side fail to score.
- Perhaps unsurprisingly then, any win will likely be accompanied by a clean sheet, as France have kept one in all but three of their last 11 ECQ away victories. Furthermore, ‘Les Bleus’ scored at least twice in ten of those 11 aforementioned wins.
- Players to watch: Defender Ragnar Sigurðsson has claimed two goals and two assists across Iceland’s last four fixtures, with both strikes coming before half-time.
- Kingsley Coman has three ECQ goals so far, and netted the opener within 20 minutes in each of France’s last two ECQ games.
- Stat attack: Six of Iceland’s last seven home wins have been accompanied by a clean sheet.
- Expect early action as six of France’s last seven ECQ road trips have produced at least one goal in the opening half-hour.
- Each of the nine historical ECQ H2Hs saw the half-time result mirror its full-time counterpart.
Iceland vs France Betting Tip
- Under 2.5 (Odds 1.93)