Match preview from the site: LiveScore
- Lille remain unbeaten at home in Ligue 1 (L1) this season which, despite a five-game unbeaten run coming to an end at Toulouse last time out, bodes well as they pursue some rare UEFA Champions League (UCL) points against Valencia.
- The French club’s first CL campaign in seven seasons could hardly have begun worse. Their two losses so far has extended some horrendous continental form: Lille are winless in nine UCL home games (D3, L6 – qualification excluded) and their last ten UEFA home matches (D4, L6), as well as their previous 13 European fixtures home or away (D6, L7).
- Valencia have scored just two goals across their last six UCL away trips, but did snap a five-game run without an away win (D2, L3) when defeating Chelsea in their CL opener, which sparked a streak of five consecutive La Liga (LL) matches without defeat since (W2, D3).
- They enjoy an away record to French clubs of: W5, D5, L2, but three of their four defeats home or away have fallen within the last six fixtures. With the half-time leader winning Valencia’s last seven UEFA matches (excluding drawn half-time results), this could be decided early.
- Players to watch: Victor Osimhen has scored in all five of his L1 home appearances this season, as well as in Lille’s last CL match.
- Denis Cheryshev has seen yellow in three of his last four away appearances for Valencia.
- Stat attack: Lille have opened the scoring in 19 of their last 25 competitive home fixtures, going on to win 16 of them (D2, L1).
- Just one of Valencia’s five competitive away fixtures this season produced over 2.5 goals.
- Since the beginning of 2018/19, Valencia have won 33.33% of LL/UEFA matches as an outsider (W8, D9, L7).
Lille vs Valencia Betting Tip
- Valencia to Win (Odds 2.81)