Liverpool vs Chelsea Free Prediction Super Cup UEFA 2019
In Istanbul, for the first time in history, two representatives of England will argue for the UEFA Super Cup: the champion of the European League Chelsea against the winner of the Champions League – Liverpool.
- Liverpool, which won the European Cup for the sixth time in June, will compete for the UEFA Super Cup for the sixth time. This trophy red already won three times.
- For Chelsea, it will be the fourth match for the UEFA Super Cup. The last two Blues lost.
- Regardless of who gets the victory in Turkey, England will have eight UEFA super cups. Only Spain (15) and Italy (9) have more. After Liverpool’s triumph in the 2005 UEFA super Cup, the English clubs suffered four consecutive defeats, including Chelsea’s failures in 2012 and 2013.
- For the first time since 2013, the UEFA Super Cup will not go to the representative of Spain. In 2013, in Prague, Bayern defeated Chelsea in a series of 11-meter post-match games.
- In the history of the UEFA Super Cup, there were seven matches with representatives of one country: two Italian and five Spanish. Since 2014, representatives of Spain have met four times in the UEFA Super Cup, the last time it happened last year when Atletico beat Real Madrid.
Past Matches for UEFA Super Cup
- Liverpool FC statistics for the UEFA Super Cup: Wins – 3, Loss -2
1977 – 7:1 against Hamburg (1:1 away, 6:0 at home)
1978 – 3:4 against Anderlecht (1:3 away, 2:1 at home)
1984 – 0:2 against Juventus
2001 – 3:2 against Bayern
2005 – 3:1 against Moscow CSKA
- Liverpool won the UEFA Super Cup in 1977 and 2005, having won the Champions Cup at the time. In 2001 Liverpool won the rank holders of the UEFA Cup. Two defeats – in 1978 and 1984 – red suffered in the status of European Champions.
- In the return match of the UEFA Super Cup-1977, “Hamburg” Liverpool won with a score 6:0. With the same score, Ajax defeated Milan in 1973. In a duel with Hamburg, hat trick scored Terry McDermott. In the history of the UEFA Super Cup was registered only one hat-trick – in 2012, the striker “Atletico” Radamel Falcao three times upset Chelsea.
- Chelsea will play for the fourth time in the UEFA Super Cup. Earlier Londoners won one victory with two defeats:
1998 – 1:0 against Real Madrid
2012 – 1:4 against Atletico
2013 – 2:2 FT., 4:5 on penalty against Bayern
- In 1998, Chelsea won the UEFA Super Cup after winning the Cup. In 2012, Londoners were unable to win the UEFA Super Cup as Champions League winners, and a year later lost as Champions of the Europa League.
- Coach of “Chelsea” Frank Lampard was the captain of the Londoners when they lost to Atletico Madrid in the match of 2012 and a year later when they lost to Bayern. David Luiz also participated in the 2012 super Cup. Played the Brazilian in 2013, when Cesar Azpilicueta was left to blue on the bench.
Liverpool vs Chelsea Head-to-head
- Chelsea and Liverpool will play in the European Cup for the 11th time, although they first met in UEFA tournaments only in 2005. All ten previous matches were in the Champions League. Five of them ended in a draw, two won Liverpool, three – Chelsea, and only once the difference in the score exceeded one goal.
- For the first time, the teams met in Europe in the semi-finals of the 2004/05 UEFA Champions League. The only goal in that confrontation in the fourth minute of the second leg at Anfield was scored by Luis Garcia. Liverpool reached the final and achieved a legendary victory over Milan in Istanbul.
- The following season, the teams played two zeros in the group stage and then competed in the 2006/07 semi-finals of the Champions League. Clubs exchanged home victories with the score 1:0, and in a series of 11-meter won Liverpool – 4:1. And again the Reds in the final was waiting for AC Milan, but the Athens meeting has remained with the Italians – 2:1.
- Chelsea made their way to the Champions League final for the first time in the 2007/08 season, when they finally took their revenge against Liverpool. After 1:1 at Anfield, the Londoners won the second semi-final in extra time – 3:2. The second goal was scored by Lampard, who realized the penalty. The current Chelsea coach also scored in the Moscow final with Manchester United, which did not save his team from losing in the 11-meter 5:6 series after a draw in the game time 1:1.
- All the same, Lampard scored in the last meeting between the teams at San Siro in the return match of 1/4 of final of Champions League in 2008/09. In the first “Chelsea” won on “Anfield” 3:1, after what clubs have written the extravaganza in London – 4:4. Lampard was the author of the third and fourth goals of Chelsea. Londoners made their way to the semifinals, where they lost to Barcelona according to the away goal rule.
- In total, the teams played 181 games against each other. “Liverpool” has achieved 77 wins, Chelsea and 63 and 41 the meeting ended with the world. In the 2018/19 season, Chelsea won 2:1 at Anfield in the third round of the English League Cup thanks to the goals of Emerson and Eden Azar. The Premier League match at Stamford Bridge ended with a score of 1:1, and the return match in Liverpool brought the home team a victory of 2:0. At the beginning of the second half, Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah scored a goal.
Liverpool vs Chelsea Betting Tip
- Liverpool to win (Odds 1.70)