Manchester Utd vs Arsenal Prediction 30 September
- Manchester United entertain Arsenal unbeaten in Premier League (PL) H2Hs here since 2007/08 (W8, D4). Over half (five) of the last nine league meetings in Manchester have witnessed United win the first half 1-0, with four of those instances seeing them go on to win by a one-goal margin.
- The hosts also have several other means to a psychological edge. Against all opponents, United boast a record of: W9, D1, from the last ten PL home games where they have opened the scoring.
- Though Arsenal’s record PL-era defeat came here in August 2011, no team usually dominates a league H2H at Old Trafford. The last seven mutual PL clashes here have separated the sides by under 1.5 goals, as have all of the halves within that sequence.
- In any case, the ‘Gunners’ should feel confident, after last weekend saw them win a PL game despite trailing at the break for the first time since December 2018. In turn, Arsenal’s last three PL games have produced over 3.5 goals and seen the first goalscorer fail to win.
- Players to watch: A penalty hero in midweek, United’s Daniel James has scored his team’s last two open-play PL goals, in either the first or final ten minutes of play.
- Nicolas Pépé got his first Arsenal goal from the spot last weekend. In turn, his last three converted club-level penalties have come during matches featuring exactly five total goals!
- Stat attack: The first goalscorer (either team) has won in each of the last four PL games at Old Trafford since May.
- The last round saw Arsenal win a PL match after suffering a dismissal while behind – having previously last done so in March 2008!
- The second half has produced a 1-1 scoreline in each of the last four league H2Hs at Old Trafford.
Manchester Utd vs Arsenal Betting Tip
- Manchester Utd – Double chance 1X (Odds 1.46)