Match preview from the site: LiveScore
- Metz kick-off hoping to put an end to a three-game Ligue 1 (L1) winless streak at home. However, if they find a return to winning ways here, it will likely be an entertaining game, as each of Metz’ last five L1 home victories have featured a total of exactly three goals.
- Any entertainment is unlikely to be delayed either, with eight of Metz’s nine L1 fixtures this campaign seeing the first goal scored inside the opening half-hour. Unsurprisingly, none of Metz’s nine games this L1 campaign have been goalless at half-time.
- For their part, Nantes have struggled away from home in the top flight, winning just four of their last 17 L1 away fixtures (W4, D4, L9). Significantly, each of those four wins have come by a one-goal margin, and two-thirds of those losses have featured a 1-0 scoreline.
- The visitors have also seen only 14 of their 59 away shots land on target in the league this term, which constitutes L1’s second-worst ratio (23.73%). However, Nantes can take confidence from the fact that they have scored the opening goal in six of their last seven L1 road trips, returning a respectable record (W3, D2, L2) after doing so.
- Players to watch: Metz’s top league scorer Habib Diallo has netted five of his six league goals before the hour mark. Meanwhile, Nantes striker Kalifa Coulibaly has scored the opener in each of the three L1 games he’s found the net.
- Stat attack: Metz have won just one of the last nine league H2Hs (all tiers) held here (W1, D5, L3).
- Each of Nantes’ four L1 away games this term have been settled by a one-goal margin.
- The last three L1 H2Hs held here have produced a draw after a level half-time score.
Metz vs Nantes Betting Tip
- Nantes Asian Handicap 0 (Odds 1.99)