Portimonense vs Benfica. Free Prediction Primeira Liga – Round 26
- Portimonense arrested a winless run in the Primeira Liga (LPFP) at 12 games (D5, L7) with a 1-0 victory over Gil Vicente (Jun 3). Said run did much to curse Portimonense with a record of W0, D4, L10 (for a loss-rate of 71.43%) as league matchday betting outsiders this term.
- On that topic, the hosts have trailed at half-time in three (60%) of their last five league defeats. Meanwhile, a return of just one goal before the half-hour mark for Portimonense across their last seven LPFP home fixtures further evidences their penchant for a poor start.
- Benfica frequently choose their moments when victorious, having notably seen their first two goals arrive within 15 playing minutes of each other in four of their last five league wins. In addition, just one of Benfica’s last seven league wins has seen them concede before the 70th minute.
- Since the start of April 2019, Benfica have seen over half (53.85%) of their LPFP away wins yield a 2+ goal margin. Across those 2+ goal margin away wins in question (GF 22, GA 3), Benfica scored 17 (85.0%) of their last 20 goals in the second half.
- Players to watch: Portimonense’s Lucas Fernandes was the matchwinner after a goalless first half in his last match. In turn, both of his goals this term have been match openers.
- Benfica’s Carlos Vinícius accounts for four of his side’s last five LPFP away goals. Three of his last four scored anywhere have come during matches producing over 4.5 goals.
- Stat attack: Over 50% (four) of Portimonense’s seven league H2Hs vs Benfica this century have witnessed one goalless half.
- Benfica have taken 55 out of the last 57 away points available (W18, D1) if including only matches against opposition outside the current top two.
- Nine (64.29%) of the 14 individual halves played this century in H2H league clashes have yielded under 1.5 total goals.
Portimonense vs Benfica Betting Tip
- Shots Total Under 24.5 (Odds 1.95)