Portimonense vs Gil Vicente. Free Prediction. Portugal Primeira Liga – Round 25
- Relegation threatened Portimonense are enduring their longest winless Primeira Liga (LPFP) streak since 2010/11 (D5, L7). They are the division’s lowest-scorers averaging just 0.67 goals netted per game, and have failed to score in 11 league matches so far (45.83%). One positive, is that they’ve not conceded inside the opening 30 minutes for five games running.
- Portimonense have lost just one of their previous seven home league encounters, although only one ended in victory. Their latest five LPFP home games all produced under 2.5 goals, and their home league clashes this season have averaged just 1.82 goals per fixture.
- Mid-table Gil Vicente have won only two of their last eight games (D3, L3), but have lost just three of their last 12 in all competitions (W4, D5). The previous three ended with under 2.5 goals, whilst five of their latest seven saw both teams score. Notably, they scored first in three of their last four games, avoiding defeat each time (W2, D1).
- The visitors travel here with just one defeat from their last seven competitive away games (W3, D3). Another good result here could see a tight margin – Gil Vicente’s three away league wins this term have come versus opponents currently beneath them, and by a one-goal margin.
- Players to watch: Jadson has netted three of Portimonense’s last five home league goals, scoring in a 1-1 result each time. Meanwhile, Gil Vicente’s top-scorer Sandro Lima (10) has scored a second-half goal in their previous five competitive victories.
- Stat attack: Gil Vicente have won only one of the last eight competitive H2Hs (inside 90 minutes), but that was on their last visit to Portimonense back in April 2017.
- Portimonense have lost 11 of the 13 league matches in which they conceded first (D2).
- Gil Vicente have scored a joint league-low one goal in the opening 15 minutes of league action this term.
Portimonense vs Gil Vicente Betting Tip
- Corners Total Over 9.5 (Odds 2.00)