Russia vs Scotland Prediction 10 October 2019
Match preview from the site: LiveScore
- On a run of five straight victories in Euro Championship qualifying (ECQ) Group I, a win for Russia here could cement their qualification with three games to spare, results pending elsewhere. Considering they are unbeaten in all five competitive home games since the end of the 2018 World Cup (W4, D1), recording a clean sheet in each, and winning at half-time in three, confidence will be sky-high.
- Whilst Russia have put in some great defensive performances, the two ECQ games that they’ve conceded in so far saw them ship the opener by the 15th minute. In fact the last four games they didn’t keep a clean sheet saw them concede the opening goal.
- Scotland travel to Moscow with one job – take all three points, or second place in the group becomes impossible. However, having recorded three ECQ defeats in a row, with a combined five first-half goals conceded (HT: D1, L2), they face an uphill battle.
- Without a draw in 17 international matches (W6, L11), this game has an element of do or die for Scotland. With their last four competitive away fixtures seeing the eventual winner net a first-half opener (W2, L2), keeping things tight early on may be key – something Scotland did in their previous visit to Russia, a goalless draw back in 1995.
- Players to watch: Artem Dzyuba has scored in seven previous ECQ fixtures – Russia won all seven.
- John McGinn (SCO) scored the opener in the last H2H – two of his three goals for club side Aston Villa this season were openers in away games.
- Stat attack: Four of Russia’s last five ECQ fixtures saw them score in the ten minutes before half-time.
- Nine of Scotland’s 12 ECQ away defeats since 2000 came ‘to nil’.
- There’s been four own goals across Russia’s six ECQ fixtures this campaign – including in the last H2H.
Russia vs Scotland Betting Tip
- Russia to Win (Odds 1.50)