Santa Clara vs Braga. Free Prediction. Portugal Primeira Liga – Round 25
- Santa Clara’s season threatened to fade into mid-table obscurity pre-shutdown following a three-game winless run (D1, L2). The ‘Azoreans’ are amongst the lowest scoring Primeira Liga (LPFP) sides (0.79 on average per match), which has ultimately contributed to the third-lowest total match goals return in their fixtures (1.88 per match – 75% under 2.5).
- The hosts have picked up fewer than half of their points total at home (46.67%), partly due to their inability to come back from adversity, failing to score an equaliser on any of the six occasions in which they fell behind at any stage here this term.
- Despite being knocked out of Europe this year, Sporting Braga are on an active ten-game LPFP unbeaten run which may have ensured their qualification for next season (W9, D1). No side has scored more than the visitors across the last ten rounds (2.5 per match), whilst seven of their nine victories during that time also saw both teams score.
- Often quick starters on their travels, Braga have scored just one goal fewer in the opening 15 minutes of play (six) than they’ve done so in the entire second half of LPFP away games. Unsurprisingly then, Braga have netted the opener in two-thirds of their away games, but have never found an equaliser on the four occasions in which they conceded first.
- Players to watch: Santa Clara’s Carlos Carvalho was booked in three of his last four scoring appearances in all competitions. Paulinho’s last seven competitive goals for Braga came after half-time, with six arriving on or beyond the 75th minute.
- Stat attack: Over half of Santa Clara’s conceded LPFP goals arrived within the first 15 minutes of either half.
- Santa Clara coach João Henriques is winless in four H2Hs with Braga (D1, L3).
- Braga have received more cards away from home than any other LPFP side (41 yellow, three red – 3.42 yellow per match).
Santa Clara vs Braga Betting Tip
- Corners Total Under 10.5 (Odds 1.90)