Shakhtar Donetsk vs D. Zagreb Prediction 22 October
Match preview from the site: LiveScore
- Shakhtar Donetsk and Dinamo Zagreb bring identical European form to their Champions League (CL) Group C encounter (W1, L1), but the hosts are winless in four CL home fixtures (D2, L2). However, both home and away, Shakhtar have lost three of their last eight CL matches (W2, D3, L3) – including qualifiers.
- The Ukrainian hosts have conceded first, doing so within the half hour, in both of their CL group games this season. In fact, they have conceded first in four of their last five CL group stage home fixtures. Encouragingly for the home fans though, Shakhtar have defeated Dinamo in both the previous competitive H2Hs, with a two-goal margin each time.
- Furthermore, Dinamo haven’t beaten Ukrainian opposition in ten UEFA fixtures (D2, L8). That includes losing on four of their five trips (D1, L4) to this nation, not to speak of their 13 consecutive CL group stage losses away from home. Including the qualifiers, Dinamo have failed to win on seven of their last ten CL road trips (W3, D3, L4).
- Regardless, ten of 11 domestic league matches, and seven of eight CL matches (including qualifiers), have produced a first-half clean sheet for Dinamo. That includes both CL group matches this term, with their two conceded goals coming after the hour mark.
- Players to watch: Shakhtar’s Júnior Moraes has 12 goals in 13 competitive games this season. Meanwhile, Dinamo’s Mislav Oršić has six CL goals this season including qualifiers, with each of his goals coming while his side has yet to concede.
- Stat attack: Five of Shakhtar’s last seven CL wins (qualifying excluded) have seen a 2-1 scoreline.
- Eight of Shakhtar’s last ten CL home fixtures (including qualifiers) have produced over 2.5 total match goals.
- Just three of Dinamo’s last ten CL away matches (including qualifiers) have seen both teams score.
Shakhtar Donetsk vs D. Zagreb Betting Tip
- Shakhtar Donetsk to Win (Odds 1.74)