Tottenham vs FK Crvena Zvezda Prediction 22 October
Match preview from the site: LiveScore
- Just like in last season’s Champions League (CL) campaign, Tottenham’s first home match ended in defeat – albeit this time a 7-2 hammering at the hands of Bayern Munich. Last season saw them lose 4-2 to Barcelona in their home opener, however, they won each of their following two CL home matches vs PSV and Inter Milan – with both victories arriving by a one-goal margin.
- The London club are in poor form though, winning just one of their previous seven competitive matches (W1, D3, L3). Their biggest problem seems to be surrendering the advantage. They have taken the lead in four of those games but went on to win just once. Each of those four saw them take the lead in the first half, however, the opposition found a response before half-time in three of those fixtures.
- Red Star Belgrade won their last CL game vs Olympiakos, yet that was just their fourth victory in their last 18 European fixtures (W4, D8, L6), and they are currently winless in nine European away games (D4, L5). Furthermore, each of their three group stage CL away fixtures last season saw them concede three or more goals.
- Including their win vs Olympiakos, Red Star are in the midst of a six-game winning streak, scoring 21 goals and conceding only four. Strikingly, four of those victories were by the same 3-1 scoreline.
- Players to watch: Tottenham’s Harry Kane has 13 goals in 14 appearances for club and country this season – six were penalties.
- Red Star’s Milan Pavkov has four goals in his previous six competitive appearances – two were penalties.
- Stat attack: Tottenham have drawn none of their previous 12 CL home matches (W8, L4).
- Seven of Tottenham’s previous nine competitive games featured over 2.5 goals.
- Red Star have scored 2+ goals in five of their previous eight competitive away matches.
Tottenham vs FK Crvena Zvezda Betting Tip
- Tottenham Asian Handicap -1.5 (Odds 1.90)