West Ham vs Manchester Utd Prediction 22 September 2019
- West Ham United’s goalless draw on Monday made it four Premier League (PL) games unbeaten (W2, D2), although the red card they were shown in that match was their 22nd since returning to the top flight in 2012/13 – only one side has been shown more in that time.
- With the ‘Hammers’ last three competitive games featuring under 2.5 goals, and none seeing both teams score, getting the opener could be critical here. That seems especially true considering West Ham’s last 14 results (wins/losses) saw the winner on the day score first.
- Although Manchester United enter this match as favorites, they should be wary of that tag – they’re winless in their last five PL away games that they started as the favorite (D3, L2), with both teams scoring in four. The last three of which followed the same pattern – all ending 1-1, with Man United scoring the opener within the first half-hour, but then conceding an equalizer within the 15 minutes following half-time.
- In fact, the last time the ‘Red Devils’ won a PL away game was at the end of February, and they’ve failed to score more than one goal in any of their top-flight road trips since (D3, L3). They’ve also scored just once across the last two H2Hs held here (D1, L1).
- Players to watch: Two of Marcus Rashford’s (MUN) three PL goals so far have come within the first 20 minutes.
- Sébastien Haller has netted three PL goals so far – all were right-footed shots that came in games that saw West Ham win by a two-goal margin.
- Stat attack: Five of West Ham’s last seven competitive home victories have come ‘to nil’.
- Man United have been awarded four penalties so far this PL campaign – of which two were missed.
- Five of the last six H2Hs have featured a goal after the 70th minute.
West Ham vs Manchester Utd Betting Tip
- Manchester Utd Individual Total Under 1.5 (Odds 1.85)