Wolves vs Southampton Prediction 19 October
Match preview from the site: LiveScore
- Buoyed by their shock 2-0 win at long odds versus Manchester City to record back-to-back Premier League (PL) victories for the first time this season, Wolverhampton Wanderers (W2, D4, L2) will now look to kick on once again. Notably, they have conceded the opening goal in three of their four PL home games so far, though equalised on two of those occasions.
- In fact Wolves have conceded the lion’s share of their goals before half-time (63.64%) whilst scoring the majority of their PL goals after the break (81.82%). Coincidentally, the hosts have pulled back to finish level after losing at half-time on two occasions this season.
- Visiting coach Ralph Hasenhüttl has won his only prior encounter with Nuno Santo’s Wolves (3-1). However, Santo did win each of his first two encounters with Southampton by a 2-0 scoreline, both of which saw a goalless first-half.
- Generally good value for a lead, Southampton have not yet shipped the equaliser after going ahead in the PL this term, though that’s only happened on two occasions. Additionally, Southampton are often willing betting outsiders, and have a loss rate of 54.84% in such games since the beginning of last season (W8, D6, L17).
- Players to watch: Adama Traoré (WOL) kick-started his season last time out, ending a run of one goal in his last 72 PL appearances with a last-gasp winning double.
- Southampton’s PL top-scorer Danny Ings (three goals) has scored four times across his last three competitive games, all of which were scored before half-time.
- Stat attack: Eight of Wolves’ last ten PL matches produced under 2.5 goals.
- Wolves have not conceded a goal in 270 minutes of football in all competitions.
- Southampton have lost at both half-time and full-time in their last three PL matches.
- Southampton have picked up a league-high 85.71% of their points away from home.
Wolves vs Southampton Betting Tip
- Wolves to Win (Odds 1.75)